On 10 and 11 February 2015, the INTRAW project consortium held its Kick-off meeting in Brussels. INTRAW is a three-year EU funded project in the framework of the Horizon2020 programme. The European Federation of Geologists (EFG) is the coordinator of a consortium of 15 partners from different countries including Australia, United States and South Africa. Most of EFG’s members are also part of the consortium as EFG third parties.
INTRAW project aims to map and develop new cooperation opportunities related to raw materials in Australia, Canada, Japan, South Africa and the United States, addressing:
- Research and innovation;
- Raw materials policies and strategies;
- Joint educational and skills programmes;
- Licensing and permitting procedures;
- Data reporting systems;
- Exploration, extraction, processing and recycling practices;
- Management and substitution of Critical Raw Materials.
The outcome of the mapping and knowledge transfer activities will be used as a baseline to set and launch the European Union’s International Observatory for Raw Materials.
More information will soon be available at: www.intraw.eu