EuroWorkshops are a new form of professional training that EFG proposes since 2017 to European Geologist title holders and other geoscientists. This type of training activity intensifies the professional exchange of ideas and the contacts between geologists from all over Europe and also strengthens the European idea within the family of geoscientists.
EuroWorkshops are organised by National Associations, which are members of the EFG, in close cooperation with the EFG. These workshops shall typically be in connection with a Council meeting.
The National Association selects theme, speakers, location and reasonable accommodation. The proposal will be submitted to and approval by the EFG.
The topics should be of importance for the organising country and the international geoscience world. Costs should be kept at a moderate level. Where necessary the organiser shall find national sponsoring partners. It is strongly advised that the speakers do not come only from one NA and that international representation is encouraged.
Benefits for workshop providers:
- Through the close cooperation between the organising Association and the EFG a high quality of the workshop shall be guaranteed. Course endorsement raises your institution’s profile and fosters recognition within the European and international geoscience community.
- The workshop is advertised to European Geologist title holders and others who visit EFG’s website, as well as the readership of EFG’s monthly newsletter GeoNews (dissemination to 45.000 geoscientists all over Europe).
Benefits for European Geologist title holders:
- Information on CPD training approved by EFG provides quality reassurance.
- EurGeols benefit from a discount of 20% on the registration fee.
- Substantial reductions for students and young professionals (max 100 €).
- Please see EFG’s event calendar for information on dates, venues and fees.
The EuroWorkshops also provide applied training for students and young professionals, offering special conditions for them. This way, young geologists will become familiar with the vision and mission of EFG, while EuroGeologists will have the chance to upgrade their knowledge and experience since the workshops are CPD certified.
23 MAY 2019 | Geology and the energy transition | Delft, THE NETHERLANDS |
20-22 SEPTEMBER 2018 | Lithium resources in Portugal | Guarda, PORTUGAL |
12-14 SEPTEMBER 2018 | Meggen Days of Mineral Resources| Lennestadt-Meggen, GERMANY |
14-20 MAY 2018 | Epithermal Gold Deposits of Western Anatolia | Çesme, TURKEY |
18-19 MAY 2017 | Geothermal – the Energy of the Future | Santorini, GREECE |