The editorial team of the European Geologist journal is looking for a copy-editor for EFG’s biannual, peer-reviewed open-access journal.
What is in it for you?
- First-hand insights into the latest geoscience research
- Review of papers related to nowadays biggest societal challenges such as the energy and climate crises
Scope of work
- Conduct a plagiarism check of submitted articles
- Ensure articles follow the journal’s notes for contributors
- Copy-edit articles which have been peer-reviewed and accepted for submission
- Copy-editing may involve the following:
- Improve errors in grammar, spelling, usage and style
- Correct flow and re-work some of the text, re-structure some paragraphs, correct style and flow
Which are the required qualifications?
- Experience: A minimum of five years of experience in editing is required. Experience in editing in the field of earth sciences is an advantage and basic knowledge of geosciences is highly desirable.
- Language: The candidate shall be a native English speaker. For all linguistic conventions, we refer to the English Style Guide of the European Commission
- Academic Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent is mandatory
- The copy-editor will collaborate with the European Federation of Geologists as a freelancer on an annual basis starting from March 2023.
- The journal being a biannual publication, copy-editing support will be required in March/April and September/October of each year. EFG however expects flexibility concerning the copy-editor’s availability whenever minor delays in the editorial schedule may occur.
In case you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 March 2023.