TIMREX is an EIT-labelled joint master course in Innovative Mineral Resource Exploration. It’s a two-year master’s course that was launched in 2022 and focuses on two aspects:
- Provide a strong, practice-oriented master programme in mineral resource exploration with intensive fieldwork activities
- Application of advanced mineral exploration techniques and approaches, together with add-on innovation and entrepreneurship skills
The master is coordinated by four European Universities:
- University of Miskolc (Hungary)
- University of Zagreb, Faculty RGN (Croatia)
- Luleå University of Technology (Sweden)
- Wroclaw University of Science and Technology (Poland)
Students start their studies at one of the Eastern-European universities: Miskolc, Zagreb or Wroclaw. Depending on the specialisation of choice, students will follow their studies at one of the partner universities. The course content is attached for information.
As a project partner, EFG is running its international mentoring programme within the scope of TIMREX.
Graduates are expected to join junior or senior resource companies or become freelance geologists, providing services for mineral prospecting or exploration projects.
Applications for the next intake (Sept 2023) are open until 30 April 2023 for non-EU students and 31 August 2023 for EU students.
As a joint master programme with the EIT Label award, several EIT Raw Materials partial scholarships are available. These scholarships cover the students’ living expenses for 1 year (13.500 EUR).
The Master targets students with a background in earth sciences (BSc in Geology, Geophysics, Earth Sciences, Earth Sciences Engineering, Geosciences Engineering, Mining Engineering).