As a community of professional geologists, we spend our lives studying our planet’s long and tormented history. And as Europeans, we know the immense harm and profound human suffering conflict creates. We are appalled that war is now raging on our continent and we stand in solidarity with Ukrainians and all those who may suffer from this current violence on our European soil. Read our full statement on the crisis here.
This page is facilitating the exchange of information between the ones offering help, and the ones in need of help in the geoscience community, e.g. by sharing job opportunities or other helpful resources.
Here is a list of useful resources we’ve collected in order to find jobs, funding, support and any other help. ⬇️
Other job offer and scholarship databases:
- UATalents: UA talents is a job platform for displaced persons from and within Ukraine.
- EURAXESS Science for refugees for researchers
- ERC – European Research Council: jobs for researchers fleeing war, and Job offers in ERC-funded research teams
- Horizon for Ukraine: Opportunities in Horizon-funded research & innovation projects
- Jobs For Ukraine: Adecco helps Ukrainian refugees find work
- Earth Science Jobs in Europe
- Scholarships opportunities for refugees in by UNHCR in Natural sciences and Engineering.
- Jobs as the Belgian Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences.
📣 Post new useful resources here: submit the form below ⬇️
Helpful readings, links, initiatives and other resources at European and national levels:
- United Kingdom
- EURAXESS ERA4Ukraine: This specific initiative supports researchers of Ukraine by providing them with an overview of all existing actions at European and national levels.
- EC Press release on Ukraine: Cohesion funding to support people fleeing Russia’s invasion of Ukraine
- EU’s assistance to Ukraine
- Science4Ukraine: a community group of volunteer students and research scientists from academic institutions in Europe and around the world. Opportunities for: Students, Accommodation, Funding, Remote work, Humanities & Arts, Natural, Social, Engineering, Medical, Agricultural,
- EU: Information for people fleeing the war in Ukraine.
- Factsheets on EU solidarity with Ukraine
- Factsheet Ukraine: EU support to help Member States meet the needs of refugees
- European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations
- Information for Refugees, Asylum-seekers and Stateless People Provided by UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, for 83 countries, worldwide 🌎 🌍 🌏
- Adapting Erasmus+ to support Ukrainian students and staff
- International Science Council: Statements, offers of assistance and resources on the current war in Ukraine
- EU launches Ukrainian research aid scheme as it boosts Horizon Europe budget
- Commissioner Mariya Gabriel in Sciencebusiness.net: “research and innovation should be the driving force behind green energy, clean transport, smart cities [in Ukraine]”