Search by type of event:
Search by field of activities:
- This event has passed.
Geoscience and Society Summit
March 18 - March 21
The Summit aims to create a highly interactive forum for effective cooperation between scientists and users of scientific information to tackle global and local challenges around sustainability of natural resources and systems, global health, and resilience.
Participants will represent diverse global communities and sectors, including:
- Research institutions
- Students, scientists, and administrators from academia
- Non-profit and philanthropic organizations
- Government agencies and policymakers
- For-profit corporations and industries
- Religious institutions and indigenous communities
Anticipated cross-cutting topics include:
- Energy and Minerals Sustainability
- Climate Change and Ocean- and Habitat-Health
- Water and Agricultural Production Sustainability
- Environmental Hazards, Human Health, and Social Justice
- Define: Assess the major societal challenges and the role geoscience can play to inform solutions
- Discuss: Facilitate a dialogue between the science and user community to advance the foundational capability to tackle societal challenges by leveraging geoscience
- Action: Develop models or processes to improve interdisciplinary engagement and science diplomacy
Find more information here.