EFG Council approves changes to CPD table
In 2021, the EFG Council approved a series of changes to EFG’s regulation regarding the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements for holders of the European Geologist (EurGeol) professional title.
The revised CPD scheme encompasses the following changes for EurGeols:
- Peer-reviewers of the European Geologist journal can obtain 2 points per review up to a maximum of 5 papers per year (10 points).
- Mentoring activities within the EFGeoMentoring programme will be honoured with 1 point per hour and a maximum of 30 points per year. This counts for the mentors and (where applicable) for the mentees.
- Non-EFG related mentoring activities will be honoured with 1 point per 1,5 hours and a maximum of 20 points for the entire year. This counts for the mentors and (where applicable) for the mentees.
- Coaching activities will be honoured with 1 point per hour and a maximum of 30 points per year.
New CPD scheme approved by the EFG Council in summer 2021.
These changes within the CPD scheme have now been implemented in the EurGeol Platform where European Geologists affiliated to EFG’s International Licensed Body complete their annual CPD report.
In addition, the following two amendments to the EFG regulations relating to the European Geologist title have been unanimously approved by Council:
- If a European Geologist transfers from the original National Association to another one which is also a member of the EFG, completing the application process again is not necessary if the transfer is completed within 6 months (Regulation E1– Criteria for award of title of European Geologist).
- The Working Group consisting of the members of the Registration Authority, the International Licensed Body and representatives from National Licensing Bodies (1 representative per NLB) has authority to make practical adjustments in CPD categories and points (Regulation E6 – Continuing Professional Development).
More information about the EurGeol title: https://eurogeologists.eu/eurgeol-title