Workshop ‘Mineral Standard Reporting and Competent Person’ for Italian geologists
On 24 June 2021, EFG is co-organising the workshop ‘Mineral Standard Reporting and Competent Person for the Sustainable Development and the Standardisation Process in the Mining Industry’.
The workshop is especially addressing Italian geologists, as most of the presentations will be in Italian. The presentations by PERC will be delivered in English and simultaneous translation to Italian will be available.
The programme of the workshop is available here.
The objectives of the workshop are:
- Presenting the role of the ‘Competent Person’ and in particular of the ‘European Geologist’ for preparing independent and public reports in the field of exploration and mining. In addition, presenting new job opportunities for geologists in relation to the sustainable development process of the mineral sector in the EU and the world.
- Providing tools for geologists to take advantage of these new opportunities. Not only technical aspects will be covered but also environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues. ESG aspects will need to be increasingly considered in the evaluation of mining projects. This represents an incredible new job opportunity for prepared consultants.
- Providing an overview of the use of CRIRSCO mining codes and standards, with particular regard to the European PERC Standard.
- Presenting the evaluation and estimation of mineral resources and reserves, with particular regard to construction materials, ornamental stones and industrial minerals projects.
- Providing an overview of the use of mineral reporting standards, such as the PERC Reporting Standard, to support harmonization and standardization processes for the approval, evaluation and regulation of mining licenses and permits in the EU.
- Sharing best practices.
Attendance to the workshop is free, but it is necessary to register. Please find more information and registration at the following link: https://bit.ly/2P90gR6
The organisers of the workshop are the European Federation of Geologists (EFG), Pan-European Reserves and Resources Reporting Committee (PERC), Italian National Council of Geologists (CNG) and, AlpiConsult Stones (Marco Cosi – alpistone.mc_at_gmail.com).