RawMatCop Academy 2020
The RawMatCop Academy, Copernicus for RawMaterials, is a new course endorsed by EFG. It shows how to unlock the power of Copernicus for companies, organisations and research institutions along the entire life cycle of raw materials. During the online course, participants have the opportunity to work directly with Copernicus’ Sentinel satellite data and open-source software to learn how it can be used for:
- Securing the primary and secondary mineral and material resources needed to transition to a sustainable and circular economy.
- Monitoring environmental impact and increasing safety.
I found that the course was very rich in content and I also met great people with different backgrounds. The biggest takeaway from participating was discovering the huge potential for Copernicus applications waiting for exploitation. Besides this, I had the opportunity to engage with new people and create business opportunities. And all of this in one single event! It has certainly been a pleasure to be one of the participants in the RawMatCop Academy 2019.
Dr. Pavlos Tyrologou, EFG External Relations Officer
The objectives of the course are to:
- learn the basic theory behind optical and radar remote sensing;
- understand the possible different applications of satellite data along the raw materials value chain, from exploration, mining and extractive activities to post-closure;
- have a first experience directly working with the data on prepared exercises;
- be able to apply basic theory and practice to solve simple exercises independently.
13, 15, 20 & 22 October 2020 – 9:30 -13:00 (CET)
Deadline for registrations:
2 October (23:59 CET)
- General public: 50 EUR
- EurGeol title holders: 40 EUR