Open invite for language translators & proof readers
Are you an early-career professional and would like to obtain insights into the work of an international not-for-profit association? EFG currently has an open invite for language translators for all European languages represented within our association. We are also looking for geologists who are (near) native English speakers interested in gaining experience in language editing.
EFG is an NGO representing professional geological organisations across Europe and aims at raising public awareness of the importance of geoscience for society. To strengthen the bonds with our members at national level and facilitate the dialogue with policy makers and the public, we would like to establish a network of volunteer translators and proof readers.
What can we offer?
- Be part of an international network of early career professionals who share an interest in geology and sustainability issues
- Opportunity to demonstrate your professional excellence and understanding of deeply technical topics in geoscience
- Discover how an international NGO works
- Acquire professional experience that you can add to your CV
- A certificate recognising your work
Some examples of translation and proofreading tasks:
Translation of brochures, posters, press releases, event announcements, web pages, video subtitles, blogs, white papers, articles, etc.
Interested in learning more?
Please send your CV, your area of geological expertise and your mother tongue to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you very soon!