New issue of the European Geologist journal: Geotechnics – Building sustainable foundations
EFG is pleased to release issue 51 of its biannual Diamond Open Access publication, the European Geologist. The new issue is entitled “Geotechnics – Building sustainable foundations”.
The topical section features the following contributions:
- Policy trends and business opportunities for sustainability in geotechnics by Isabel Fernández Fuentes and José Estaire
- Deepening an old, verticalised pit: rock slope instability hazard assessment using a digitally augmented structural database (Flône limestone quarry, Belgium) by E. C. Frets, A. Gauffriau, N. Coussaert and J. Vanneste
- Geotechnical challenges at Adriatic offshore gas platforms Subsidence due to exploitation at the Izabela Exploitation Field by Ratko Vasiljević
- Slope protection with an earth retaining system: respectful of natural resources and the landscape by Steve Gruslin and Domenico Nola
- Site appraisal in fractured rock media: coupling engineering geological mapping and geotechnical modelling by Helder I. Chaminé, Maria José Afonso, José Filinto Trigo, Liliana Freitas, Luís Ramos, and José Martins Carvalho
The full issue is also available for online reading at the following link.
More information on the European Geologist journal: https://eurogeologists.eu/journal/
We also currently have an open call for abstracts for the upcoming edition which will be entitled “Soil – Our endangered food basis”.