Latest Job Opportunities
Mission and responsibilities
Under the overall framework of the EIT RawMaterials and its RawMaterials Academy, the RawMatCop programme seeks a RawMatCop Manager who will:
Coordinate the RawMatCop programme. This will include RawMatCop programme implementation, coordination of the post-doctoral and placement research projects, and ensuring alignment to EIT RawMaterials strategic objectives, together with the Head of Academy.
Dissemination and visibility of RawMatCop. Awareness raising and increasing visibility of the RawMatCop programme and its results within the raw materials and Earth Observation communities.
Specifically, the RawMatCop Manager will carry out the following tasks and duties:
- Manage and coordinate the overall execution of the RawMatCop Programme.
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders (Copernicus Academy, EO4GEO, et al), sponsors (DG GROW, Copernicus) and EIT RawMaterials partners involved or interested in the RawMatCop Programme
- Manage, organize and coordinate the Call for research and academic placement proposals and evaluations related to the RawMatCop Programme and ensure that the call is disseminated and promoted widely within the EIT RawMaterials community.
- Coordinate and communicate with participants and beneficiaries of the RawMatCop Programme ensuring programme plans and results are being delivered in time at a high-quality, as well as facilitate synergies and cooperation amongst the RawMatCop beneficiaries
- Link and promote RawMatCop to key Earth Observation and raw materials initiatives and stakeholders, at industrial and governmental levels
- Develop and implement a strategy for branding, dissemination and outreach of the RawMatCop Programme, together with the Head of Academy, to significantly increase its profile and visibility both within EIT RawMaterials and within the Earth Observation community in Europe:
- Internal communication. Establish and maintain common platforms for communication flow between the RawMatCop post-doctoral researchers and academic placements (beneficiaries). Internal communication also includes raising visibility of RawMatCop within the EIT RawMaterials staff and the EIT RawMaterials partners.
- External communication. Participation and visibility of RawMatCop programme, research/academic projects and results at key events and conferences in the raw materials and Earth Observation communities, as well as overall management of the communication on the RawMatCop website.
- Manage the general progress of the RawMatCop Programme, ensuring results are delivered on time at a high-quality.
- Develop and deliver RawMatCop reporting (progress and financial) to DG GROW, as per the outline and deadlines in the grant agreement
- Provide administrative guidance and instructions to post-doctoral researchers and academic placements of the RawMatCop ProgrammeCoordinate and participate in events, workshops and internal meetings under the RawMatCop Programme.
The successful RawMatCop Managerwill have the following profile:
- Proven track-record in programme and project management of minimum 3 years
- Ability to work in a dynamic, decentralized partner organization
- Is self-driven, able to work independently and make sound judgements
- Track-record in organizing events and meetings, including facilitation of discussions to clear results and actions
- Strong communication skills and ability to prepare and present to different target groups and audiences
- Fluency in written and spoken English (C2-level)
- Willingness to travel to to partners, conferences and events in Europe.
- Project management experience in European- funded projects and programmes
- A scientific background with knowledge of Earth observation, remote sensing, geoinformatics and/or raw materials-related disciplines.
The post holder will work closely with EIT RawMaterials’ Education Team and will report to the Head of Academy.
The RawMatCop Manager will be employed by EIT RawMaterials GmbH in Berlin. The position will be full time (40 hours per week), limited by two years with possibility for further extention, starting date as early as possible in 2019.
For further information about EIT RawMaterials, see: http://eitrawmaterials.eu/.
31 December 2018, 00h00 CET
Tenements Land and Access Specialist
High Grade Metals is currently seeking an experienced and driven Tenements and Land Access Specialist to join the team on a 12 Month Fixed term contract. The dynamic work scope focuses on the statutory mining compliance and operational readiness which support its Exploration Operations in Austria.
This role is responsible for the effective management of a diverse profile which includes existing mining rights, the securing of new exploration permits and land access. The candidate will be responsible for inspecting all project areas and cooperate with local authorities and specific permitting stakeholders to determine any permitting requirements and issues.
This is a unique opportunity to partner with, and provide ongoing support to both site based Technical team and Project Team in achieving and maintaining compliance with relevant statutory obligations in Austria.
Job Vacancy Platforms
British Geological Survey vacancies | http://www.bgs.ac.uk/news/vacancies.html
Connect Mining | http://www.connectmining.com/m/jobs/home/
European Science Foundation | http://www.esf.org/jobs.html
Earth Science Jobs in Europe | http://www.eurosciencejobs.com/
GeoJobs Eco Employment Job Site | http://www.geojobs.com/
Geology Jobs – Geologist Salary Information – Oil and Gas Jobs | http://geology.com/jobs.html
GeoSci-Jobs · Geoscience Employment Opportunities | http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/GeoSci-Jobs/
Geoscience jobs online | http://www.earthworks-jobs.com
HireRocket – GeoWeb Jobs | http://www.ggrweb.com/
Hot Oil and Gas Jobs | https://www.oilandgasjobsearch.com/
Hydrology Jobs | http://www.gethydrologyjobs.com/
Jobrapido | http://uk.jobrapido.com/
InfoMine – CareerMine | http://www.infomine.com/careers/positions/
Mining jobs 4 mining people | http://www.jobs4mining.com/
Norway, Geologist Jobs | http://www.oilcareers.com/
OilOnline – The Original Online Source for the Oil Industry | http://www.oilonline.com/careers/
PaleoNet Jobs Page | http://www.nhm.ac.uk/paleonet/Position_Listings.html
Science Careers, from the Journal Science | http://sciencecareers.sciencemag.org/
Science jobs and vacancies from Nature jobs | http://www.nature.com/naturejobs/index.html
UK geology vacancies | http://www.jobs.ac.uk/categories/geology