Search by type of event:
Search by field of activities:
Would you like to feature your geosciences event in our calendar? Please contact us at email@example.com!
- This event has passed.
October 13 @ 9:30 am - October 22 @ 1:00 pm
About RawMatCop Academy 2020
The RawMatCop Academy, Copernicus for RawMaterials, offers a hands-on approach and shows how to unlock the power of Copernicus for companies, organisations and research institutions along the entire life cycle of raw materials. During the online course, participants have the opportunity to work directly with Copernicus’ Sentinel satellite data and open-source software to learn how it can be used for:
- Securing the primary and secondary mineral and material resources needed to transition to a sustainable and circular economy.
- Monitoring environmental impact and increasing safety.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
- To learn the basic theory behind optical and radar remote sensing;
- To understand the possible different applications of satellite data along the raw materials value chain, from exploration, mining and extractive activities to post-closure;
- To have a first experience directly working with the data on prepared exercises;
- To be able to apply basic theory and practice to solve simple exercises independently.
DURATION AND DATES
4-day course: 13, 15, 20 & 22 October, 2020 – 9:30 – 13:00h (CET).
REGISTRATION DEADLINE AND FEES
Deadline for registrations: 2 October (23:59 CET)
Apply here: https://rawmatcop.eitrawmaterials.eu/apply.html
General public: 50 EUR
EurGeol title holders: 40 EUR
Find more information here: https://rawmatcop.eitrawmaterials.eu