Search by type of event:
Search by field of activities:
Would you like to feature your geosciences event in our calendar? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- This event has passed.
September 15 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This is a course endorsed by EFG.
Outline of content:
The course will be comprised of a series of lessons that dovetail communications theory into application, combined with a series of practical exercise which will allow the learner to implement the teaching into their own personal context.
This course is aimed at university students, academics wishing to undertake more outreach, business who are interested in enhancing their corporate image and wish to develop their communication strategy.
Inscriptions in the link: http://geologize.org/training/
The course will enable participants:
- to understand the importance of communicating the geosciences
- to learn how to communicate effectively in the geosciences through empathy, emotion, analogy and metaphor
- to create strategies and models to make your own work engaging to the public
- to appreciate and develop practical knowledge about various social media platforms and available tools to promote the geoscience
- to learn how to identify and confidently challenge false information in the media
- to understand the role of geoparks and geotourism and be able to implement your prior learning into effective on-the-ground strategies for engagement
20% discount for EurGeol title holders (total = 280 USD, ca. €245)