Search by type of event:
Search by field of activities:
Would you like to feature your geosciences event in our calendar? Please contact us at email@example.com!
- This event has passed.
II Course of Underground Gas Storages
April 13 @ 8:00 am - May 17 @ 5:00 pm
This is a course endorsed by EFG.
This course aims to give a global view of the world of Oil & Gas, focusing on underground storage, a subject rarely addressed at times, but present in Spain and increasingly strategic due to the change of global energy priorities.
This course will deal with basic concepts of petroleum geology, geophysics, the Petroleum system, monitoring methods, CO2 management, drilling, etc.
The course is divided into six topics:
– Topic 1 gives a general overview of underground gas storage, types, natural gas properties, market, and future expectations.
– Topic 2 describes project phases for the realization of the underground gas storage, main parameters and properties of a reservoir, reservoir tests, static and dynamic models with example in PETREL.
– Topic 3 describes the functions and design of a well, types of wells and facilities and all activities from the preparation of the land, through the process of drilling and description of drilling equipment and drilling fluids.
– Topic 4 describes surface installations such as industrial process and facilities, complementary infrastructures (LNG plants, gas pipeline network, etc) and offshore facilities.
– Topic 5 monitoring of the gas bubble and seismic control. Definitions and objectives of monitoring, geophysical methods (seismic and non-seismic), establishments of monitoring networks and control.
– Topic 6 storage of CO2: Technology and development, capture, transport, storage, generalities and similarities with natural gas, feasibility and current experiences.
-To understand the Oil&Gas business, focusing on the UGS.
-Get knowledge about industrial facilities and industrial processes.
-Understand the future the CO2 technics (CCUS) offer, which will be key in the green deal issue.
Unemployed ICOG members and students—120 €
EurGeol title holders—120 €
ICOG members—180 €
Unemployed non-ICOG members –250 €
Others –320 €
Other agreements—200 €
The course is run in Spanish.