Search by type of event:
EFG event | Endorsed Training | EU Institutions | National Association event | Online
Search by field of activities:
CCS | Education | Energy | Geoethics | Geoheritage | Geotechnics | Geothermal | Hydrogeology | Hydrogen | Land use | Minerals | Natural Hazards | Oil & Gas | Renewable Energy | Soils
Would you like to feature your geoscience event in our calendar? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- This event has passed.
Groundwater, key to the Sustainable Development Goals
18th May 2022 @ 8:00 am - 20th May 2022 @ 5:00 pm
The “Agenda 2030” and the “Sustainable Development Goals” (SDGs), multinational and multilateral roadmaps, constitute a great message of hope for the future of human societies and terrestrial ecosystems, currently facing the impacts of global change. Water is part of the 2030 Agenda in particular through SDG 6.
Within this framework, groundwater resources (GWR) have also a key role to play, directly in terms of food, hygiene and health, protection and restoration of ecosystems and biodiversity … and, indirectly, for the reduction of poverty and inequalities, contribution to education and gender equality, peace, etc..
Ambition of the conference:
To constitute a meeting point to favor exchanges between the different national and international stakeholders in the fields of water and sustainable development:
– Decision-makers, from the international level to local authorities, like Water Agencies, basin authorities and local structures for management and protection of groundwater ;
– NGOs, civil society, local communities, farmers, water and sanitation companies, industries ;
– Funding agencies and donors ;
– Groundwater resource specialists: scientists, national and local authorities, planning authorities, engineering firms and consultants.
– To examine the overall relationships between water-related SDGs, their stakeholders and groundwater ;
– To share knowledge, experiences, findings and good practices on GWR in sustainable development trajectories.
– A prominent locus of expression will be given to the youth: high school and University students, young researchers and professionals ;
– Invited speakers (key notes) and presentations by participants (oral communications, poster sessions) ;
– Round tables open to conference participants ;
– Innovative forms of animation and presentation (summaries produced on the basis of contributions received in advance, themes entrusted to thematic animators, prior to the conference).