Search by type of event:
Search by field of activities:
Would you like to feature your geosciences event in our calendar? Please contact us at email@example.com!
- This event has passed.
Geothermal energy in my back yard: tackling energy poverty with renewables
June 25 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
The COVID19 pandemic created a severe economic crisis and has crashed the prices of oil and gas on global markets. Within this context, there is an opportunity to invest in the geothermal industry, as most of the exploration infrastructure and expertise in the oil & gas sector are also being used in geothermal.
This webinar discusses with major energy players how the geothermal sector can turn the current oil crisis and climate emergency into an opportunity for a post Covid-19 Green Recovery.
- Introduction and moderation, Miklos Antics, EGEC President
- Damien Thiolet , European Geothermal Business Development Manager at Schlumberger (tbc)
- Jeroen van Duin, General Manager at SHELL Geothermie (tbc)
- Eric Léoutre, Production engineer at Vermilion
- Albert Genter, Deputy General Manager at ES Géothermie
- Panel discussion about how oil operators and services companies could benefit from diversifying their business portfolio by including geothermal in it.
More information and registration here.