Search by type of event:
Search by field of activities:
Would you like to feature your geosciences event in our calendar? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
From field geology to economic assessment: case study on bauxite
October 27 - December 9
This is a course endorsed by EFG.
1. Bauxite geology
– Chemical and mineralogical make-up
– Deposit geology: Deposit types and deposit formation – Role of the parent rocks
2. Exploration methods for bauxite ores:
– Stages of exploration from identification to mine development
– Methods and techniques, reliabilities
– Material tests and beneficiation
3. Data interpretation and processing, economic assessment
– Resource estimation and reserve calculation
– Economic assessment
– Summary: overview on global bauxite reserves/resources
• 27 October 2021, 16.00 PM EEST: Babeș–Bolyai University, Cluj,Romania: Origin and field geology of bauxite
• 16 November 2021, 15.00 PM CET: University of Miskolc, Hungary:Exploration methods for bauxite ores
• 9 December 2021, 15.00 PM CET: Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest,Hungary: Economic assessment of bauxite ores
The EU has declared bauxite as strategic raw material in 2020. The course is aimed at refreshing and summarizing the knowledge and experience related to bauxite, which has long been stopped being explored and/or produced in most EU countries.
Participation in this course is free of charge.
The short course will be hybrid, online and offline participation is both possible. Registration is required through the following registration form until 20 October 2021: https://forms.gle/9KkGsMdZAG7RfowCA