Search by type of event:
Search by field of activities:
Would you like to feature your geosciences event in our calendar? Please contact us at email@example.com!
- This event has passed.
Environmental Impact 2020: 5th International Conference on Environmental and Economic Impact on Sustainable Development
June 10 @ 8:00 am - June 12 @ 5:00 pm
The 5th International Conference on Environmental and Economic Impact on Sustainable Development follows the success of four previous meetings held in the New Forest, UK, (home of the Wessex Institute of Technology) in 2012; Ancona, Italy in 2014; Valencia, Spain in 2016; and Naples, Italy in 2018.
The meeting will provide an international forum to discuss the most serious problems affecting sustainable development. The Conference will consider the impact of economic constraints on the environment, taking into account the social aspects as well as the over-use of natural resources. Uncontrolled development can also result in damage to the environment in terms of the release of toxic substances and hazardous waste.
The meeting will examine issues related to whether some forms of development are compatible with environmental protection, particularly in cases of possible serious contamination and toxicity.
The conference will address problems of great importance discussing more constructive and progressive approaches to ensure sustainability. A major motivation for the meeting is to learn from past failure, to avoid repeating similar mistakes, while attempting to prevent emerging threats to environmental and ecological systems.
Fundamental to these concepts is the analysis of the inherent risk and the development of appropriate strategies.
All published papers from previous meetings are permanently archived in the Wessex Institute eLibrary (www.witpress.com/elibrary) where they are freely available to the international community
The following list covers some of the topics to be presented at Environmental Impact 2020. Papers on other topics related to the objectives of the conference are also welcome.
- Environmental policies and planning
- Environmental assessments
- Human factors
- Sustainable cities
- Economic issues
- Natural resources management
- Energy and the environment
- Food production systems and policies
- Ecosystems preservation
- Soil pollution
- Remediation strategies
- Decommission planning
- Hazardous plants
- Brownfields rehabilitation
- Air and water pollution
- Health effects
- Public communication and involvement
- Legislation and regulations
- Sustainable development goals
- Life cycle assessments
- Food recovery
- Stakeholders involvement
- Institutional issues
- Environmental management systems
- Consumption vs sustainability
- Social-ecological issues
- Sustainability appraisals
- Environmental strategies and tactics
- Food waste reduction and impact on the environment
- Adaptation to environmental damage
- Coastal zones impacts
- Social participation of environmental licensing
- Nonlinear regression analysis
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Case studies