Search by type of event:
Search by field of activities:
Would you like to feature your geoscience event in our calendar? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- This event has passed.
AAPG Europe Regional Conference: Revitalizing Old Fields and Energy Transition in Mature Basins
June 3 @ 8:00 am - June 4 @ 5:00 pm
This conference will address the challenges we face in our industry in many of the hydrocarbon basins and folded belts across the entire European region. It’s focus is on topics of the global energy transition such as advantaged hydrocarbons, enhanced oil recovery and carbon capture-utilization-storage. Geothermal energy utilization, hydrogen exploration and storage, and topics of importance as oil companies transition into energy companies will also be highlighted by special sessions.
Topics for the planned technical programme:
- Key discoveries in mature basins in the past decade
- Remaining HC-potential in mature basins
- New and emerging plays in mature petroleum provinces
- Siliciclastic reservoirs – exploration and exploitation I: sequence stratigraphy
- Siliciclastic reservoirs – exploration and exploitation II: stratigraphic forward modeling
- Carbonates and fractured reservoirs
- Advanced geophysical technologies and integrated G&G models to revitalize mature fields
- The energy transition with global trends and regional solutions I: Geothermal energy utilization in mature basins, synergy with petroleum industry
- The energy transition with global trends and regional solutions II: Hydrogen exploration and storage
- Carbon capture, utilization, and storage (CCUS) and enhanced oil recovery (EOR)
- Structural geology and its application in exploration, field development, energy storage and CCUS
- Digital transformation: machine learning, artificial intelligence and innovative digital solutions
Submit your papers now before 15 January 2022