EFG strengthens cooperation with the American Geosciences Institute
The European Federation of Geologists (EFG) and the American Geosciences Institute (AGI) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding in October 2018. The aim of this agreement is to work together to promote and encourage greater understanding and education into the professional, scientific and technical aspects of the Earth Sciences with particular emphasis on:
- Expanding geoscience information systems and improving data access;
- Enhancing public understanding of the contributions that the geosciences make to society;
- Expanding Earth science education in public schools through joint products, teacher training and symposia;
- Increasing awareness of global science policy issues;
- Developing and maintaining a robust geoscience workforce; and
- Expanding the role of the geosciences in stewardship of the environment.
The agreement has been signed by AGI Executive Director Allyson Anderson Book and EFG President Vitor Correia.