Call for Sessions for 5th International YES Congress
Under the theme “Rocking Earth’s Future”, the 5th International YES Congress will be held from 9 to 13 September 2019 in Berlin (Germany). It will offer a special opportunity for young scientists from all over the world to share their experiences, their science and culture and to expand their skills. The organisers propose various summer schools and a “Workshop on Global Geochemical Baselines and Resourcing” in the period before and after the congress. Different events, ranging from invited keynote lectures across “elevator pitches” to a “market of opportunities” offer young talents the possibility to introduce themselves to potential future employers from industry, business, universities and public authorities and to discover opportunities for training and research in Germany.
The YES Congress 2019 will attempt at “Rocking Earth’s Future” by focusing on six large topical issues:
- Ashes to Ashes – Understanding Earth processes
- Unboxing Earth – Interdisciplinary Problem solving
- Heritage Earth – Sustainable Resource Management
- Society at Risk – Impacting Earth Phenomena
- Brave New World – Advanced Technologies in Earth Sciences
- Beyond Printing – Communicating Science
The organisers invite you to submit your session proposals for those themes. Submission deadline is 30 September 2018.
You can submit your proposal directly on the event’s website.