EFG International Mentoring Programme
EFG is pleased to launch the second season of its international mentoring programme and invites interested young earth scientists to submit their applications. EFG also welcomes the application of European Geologist title holders (EurGeols) as mentors.
The international mentoring programme supports post-Bachelor students and young professionals with less than 4 years of professional experience and aims at creating an international informal network of geoscientists capable of providing guidance and support to other geoscientists.
Over a fixed period of 9 months, the mentees will receive advice and targeted support from experienced professionals, according to their individual goals. Examples include:
- feedback and support during the job application process;
- building up a network, transfer of contacts;
- development of a career strategy;
- introduction to informal knowledge and business networks;
- shadowing (participation in the professional life of the mentor).
The cooperation will start with a webinar that will introduce the programme’s goals and opportunities to mentees and mentors. The webinar will also offer the possibility to interact via a live chat function. Due to the international dimension of the programme, electronic communication tools will be encouraged to keep mentees and mentors in touch. In addition, EFG’s membership associations will approach the participants whenever possibilities for face-to-face meetings arise at national level.
For the duration of their cooperation, mentees and mentors will be accompanied by the EFG office in Brussels which coordinates the programme and by the respective member association(s) at national level.
15 February 2019: Deadline for application
February/March 2019: Project Steering Group matches mentees with mentors
1 April 2019: Start of the mentoring support
31 December 2019: End of the season
CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
- Are you a member of one of EFG’s 26 national associations?
- Are you a post-Bachelor student in the field of geosciences or a young professional with less than 4 years of professional experience?
Then you are eligible to participate in the EFG International Mentoring Programme!
The participation in the programme amounts to 150€. EFG offers free participation to 10 persons from 10 different countries, following the principle first come, first served.
- To participate, please fill in the following application form by 15 February 2019.
- In addition, please send a scan of your ID card or passport, as well as a scan of your university diploma to the EFG office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application fee will be due once we have matched mentees and mentors. You will then receive an invoice from the EFG Office.
CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
- Are you an EurGeol title holder?
- Do you accept to support the EFG mentoring programme on voluntary basis from April to December 2019?
Then you are eligible to participate in the EFG International Mentoring Programme! Note that the participation as a mentor will be recognised in your annual CPD report.
To participate, please fill in the following application form by 15 February 2019.
The European Federation of Geologists (EFG) is collecting the data you are providing in the application form to process your application for the EFG International Mentoring Programme.
Your personal data are processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (EU GDPR) on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data.
The following personal data are collected: email address, name, address, phone number, academic qualification, employment situation.
The recipients of your data will be the EFG staff. Your data will not be shared with third parties and will not be used for other purposes than processing your application for the EFG Mentoring Programme. You are providing your data on a voluntary basis.
Your data will be kept for a maximum period of 1 year after your submission. Data will automatically be deleted at the end of this period.
You have the right to access your personal data and the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data. If you have any queries concerning the processing of your personal data, you may address them to the EFG Office at email@example.com.
Learn more about the EFG Mentoring Programme in this short video!