Welcome to the EFG
The European Federation of Geologists is a non-governmental organization that was established in 1981 and includes today 24 national association members. EFG is a professional organisation whose main aims are to contribute to a safer and more sustainable use of the natural environment, to protect and inform the public and to promote a more responsible exploitation of natural resources. EFG’s members are National Associations, NAs, whose principal objectives are based in similar aims. The guidelines to achieve these aims are the promotion of excellence in the application of geology and the creation of public awareness of the importance of geoscience for the society.
The Voice of European Geologists
EurGeol Tool: Interactive Directory of European Geologists
The EurGeol Tool is an electronic service for European Geologist title holders (EurGeols), companies, public authorities and other stakeholders:
- EFG has created an interactive directory allowing companies and organisations to search for European Geologists, EurGeols, active in one specific country and/or one specific professional geology domain.
- The section ‘EurGeol searcher’ provides information about all professional geologists (EurGeols) registered and validated by the European Federation of Geologists.
- The title held by a professional geologist means that the holder has achieved suitable academic training and a sufficient level of professional experience. In addition the geologist undertakes continuing education and training activities, and is required to abide by the EFG Code of Ethics.
- In the section ‘EurGeol Service’, European Geologists can complete their annual record of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) online, and create their electronic CV or visit card.
- In terms of quality control each EFG Licensed Body can supervise and audit the EurGeol’s CPD records in the section “Licensed Bodies service”. Each Licensed Body has access to the details of the EurGeols registered in its organisation.